Monday, December 9, 2013

Someday I will get a job....Someday

So I am graduating in 5 days and so far job prospects look promising and yet weak at the same time. I believe I am on the right track. I have experience and am a really hard worker, so I shouldn't worry right? If only life was a fairytale and I had a fairy jobmother who would appear in a lovely professional pantsuit wielding a magical clipboard, wearing dainty glasses with a chain on them, and of course firmly clinging to a coffee cup. She would find me multiple jobs and I could have my pick of whichever one I wanted. But sadly reality doesn't come with a fairy jobmother.

Though I think I might now make a television series about such a women/man. Make it a comedy maybe? Post your comments if I should explore this more :)

It is rather hard entering the job market when while it seems the last 10 years have been a bad economy and a bad job market, I remain hopeful and optimistic. Just like Ugly Betty and Tracey Turnblad and Rapunzel (Tangled version) I have a dream and feel in my gut I am meant for great things.

Also, interesting fact about me/ my mom and brother, when I was 9 my mom got her fortune told by an old fortune teller wearing a greenish blue dress and her greying red hair in a short hairdo at a local bar in Villa Park. When my mom came back to the table she stated that the fortune teller told her that my brother would become a rich architect and stay in the area most of his life. The fortune teller also said that I would be living far away from home but be rich, famous, and do great things with my life. Weird huh? And while I know fortune telling isn't all true and not all false, I still can dream that it will come true.

But I know the key to getting your dream job is to start at the bottom, always do your best, never stop learning, keep creating and perfecting your skill set, never be late, and most importantly never give up. Like Tiana in The Princess in The Frog did.

So one day I will have my happily ever after. I mean I already have my prince charming (Though I would say he was more of a nerdy han solo).

Wish me luck world! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment